0191 217 3720 or click here
About Bob Rudd :
Bob Rudd Ltd is one of the largest independent suppliers of Gaming and Amusement machines in the North and has been expanding continuously since 1989. We use our unique service product along with our continuous innovation to provide quality gaming and amusement equipment to our customers and ultimately maximising cash in box. Due to our success we are nominated for the majority of all major breweries and pub companies.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are an SME with Head Office based in the North East of England with a further 5 depots based in Leeds, Wigan, Keswick, Nottingham and Birmingham. We have grown considerably over the last 5 years and now require a full time Buyer to assist in reducing our overall cost base and improve efficiencies. As a Buyer you will be required to negotiate and coordinate all purchases and services, including the fleet management (we have itemised this particularly as this is one of our largest expenses).
Main responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating the best possible terms for the provision of products
- Working with our operations managers to implement new suppliers and help concerns within the existing supply base.
- Sourcing of new products and new and improved suppliers
- Maintenance and updates to our register of suppliers
- Obtaining quotations and placing of orders to achieve the best possible value
- Liaise with the accounts department to ensure correct invoicing and costings
- Set and monitor standards of performance and address any issues of sub-standard supplier performances ensuring that the appropriate lessons are learnt and actions are taken to prevent a reoccurrence
- Meet with suppliers
- Return faulty goods and ensure credit notes are received as necessary
- Setting up a new fleet management procedure
Qualifications and Skills
Whilst industry experience is not essential, you should have previous experience of working as a Buyer in a fast paced environment in order to fully understand the requirements of our niche business.
In addition, you will have:
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to work with both customers and members of the public
- Analytical approach
- flexibility with working hours
- the ability to work unsupervised and to manage your time effectively
Our Buyer role comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone
- Access to a number of corporate perks such as discounts on hotels, flights, phone insurance and online shopping
- Salary Sacrifice Childcare vouchers
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
Hours are 37.5, Monday – Friday, 9 – 5
Application Process :
Applicants are invited to answer the following questions, as well as providing an up to date CV. Please note only those who have followed the criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
- Why do you feel you are suitable for this role?
- Do you have any experience working in an SME, if so can you describe your understanding of the culture within an SME?
- Describe yourself in 3 words
- Salary Expectation