0191 217 3720 or click here
About The Rudd Group
The Rudd Group is a family owned and run company that comprises of these three organisations:
– Bob Rudd gaming & amusement machine suppliers
– Innstay UK Ltd suppliers of EPoS, music systems & security solutions
– Clear Cool suppliers of glass washers, ice makers and associated products
We have depots in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Leeds, Keswick, Wigan, Nottingham and Birmingham. Due to our success we are nominated for all major breweries and pub companies.
This role is for our Clear Cool division of The Rudd Group, covering the South Yorkshire area.
About Clear Cool
Clear Cool is our newest division and was founded in 2015, this area of the business supplies catering and back of bar equipment to the licensed trade. Our focus is mainly on glass washers, bottle coolers & ice makers however we do offer a range of additional products. We install these products on a rental basis, so customers do not have a large capital outlay for catering goods.
As Business Development Manager you will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with our customers, in line with long-term Company objectives.
Must possess a solid understanding of current business opportunities.
It is also essential to work closely with the internal teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To manage existing designated customer accounts by channel
- To build good working relationships with customers and ensure all requests are actioned in a timely manner
- To manage company income and expenditure
- To attend a daily depot morning meeting to discuss the previous days service calls and highlight any issues on your sites
- To develop territory market share and to ensure the maximisation of profits to both our customers and the company
- To ensure by direct liaison with customers at both outlet and company level that customer standards and requirements are actioned, maintained and reported accordingly
- To develop business opportunities with customers, to increase revenue earning potential
- To plan a structured site visit schedule to meet customers and monitor and action on site standards. Carry out Business Reviews with our Customers and identify new business opportunities
- Attend all change of tenancies and visit all new customers within one working week following installation
- To carry out site surveys for new and additional business and ensure all paperwork is completed fully in line with company procedures
- To react and respond to collections and service action requests. To ensure all legal requirements are met
- To action minutes, respond to emails and ensure all requests are actioned
- To attend promotions and trade exhibitions representing the company
- To recover debt and shortfalls for your designated sites
- To work as part of a depot team, promoting the company at all times and providing outstanding customer service
Our Business Development Manager comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Fully expensed company car/allowance
- Company laptop and smart phone
- Access to a number of corporate perks such as discounts on hotels, flights, phone insurance and online shopping
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Salary Sacrifice Holiday Buy
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
Typical hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, although flexibility is required
As Business Development Manager, ideally you will already have sales experience or other knowledge of the licensed trade sector.
In addition, you will have:
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority
- previous sales experience within the licensed trade sector
- knowledge of gaming and amusement machines
- an ambitious and persistent nature
- natural networking skills
- confident communication and presentation skills
- ability to thrive in a pressurised, sales-driven environment
- commercial knowledge to analyse market data and identify new opportunities
- strong team working skills, as well as the ability to take the initiative
- good numerical skills