0191 217 3720 or click here
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
About Bob Rudd
Bob Rudd is one of the largest independent suppliers of Gaming and Amusement machines in the North and has been expanding continuously since 1989. We use our unique service product along with our continuous innovation to provide quality gaming and amusement equipment to our customers and ultimately maximising cash in box. Due to our success we are nominated for the majority of all major breweries and pub companies.
About the role
We are an SME with Head Office based in Newcastle, where this role will sit, as well as further 5 depots in Leeds, Wigan, Keswick, Nottingham and Birmingham. We have grown considerably over the years and now require a full time Fleet Manager to take responsibility for the fleet vehicles, as well as control expenditure per vehicle with an aim to identify a strategy to reduce overall costs and improve efficiencies. Based on the needs of the business/and individual there is the potential for further development into other areas of procurement.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the fleet management procedure
- Day to day management of circa 95 company vehicles (cars and small LCV), including scheduling service, MOTs and repairs
- Controlling maintenance costs
- Analysis of telematics
- Creation of fleet policies and implementation of procedures
- Analysis and determination of which vehicles to purchase/lease
Our Buyer role comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone
- Access to a number of corporate perks such as discounts on hotels, flights, phone insurance and online shopping
- Salary Sacrifice Childcare vouchers
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
Hours are 37.5, Monday – Friday, 9 – 5. However, due the nature of the role, you will be expected to be flexible as and when required.
Whilst industry experience is not essential, you should have previous experience of working as a Buyer in a fast paced environment in order to fully understand the requirements of our niche business.
In addition, you will have:
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to work with both customers and members of the public
- Analytical approach
- flexibility with working hours
- the ability to work unsupervised and to manage your time effectively
Please send your CV, completed application form and covering letter, which should explain why you are the right candidate for the role.
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, however due to the volume of applications this is not always possible, therefore if you have not hear from us within one month of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks in accordance with rehabilitation of offenders act 1974.
Bob Rudd is an equal opportunities employer.